Have you taken a vacation recently? If not then you should definitely check out someplace which will provide you relaxation and peace. People these days like to explore places all over the world. They go to exotic destinations for a change of air. Greece is one such place that has been popular for a long time. Picturesque Crete rentals are a dream holiday for many who like specific vacations. They offer scenic places where tourists can enjoy the landscape as well as the staying experience. Greece stands out as a historic place that is regarded as one of the most beautiful and sought-after destinations in the world. So, let us know about Crete which is an essential part of spending a vacation in Greece.
Crete is the largest island present in Greece and it is also the most populated island in the country. Along with that, it is also the fifth largest island present in the Mediterranean Sea. The largest and capital city of Crete is Heraklion. Crete is linked to the culture and heritage of India. It was also the place for the Minoan civilization which is one of the oldest civilizations present in Europe. The weather of the island is mild like all Mediterranean climates. The main economic backbone for Crete is tourism which is rampant throughout the year. It is an important hub for the history of it has been a part of the ancient times. Its beautiful beaches and the colourful lifestyle never fail to catch the eyes of a tourist. On top of that, there are several mythologies attached to the island of Crete. This makes even more sensation among people who want to visit the place with their eyes. The transportation is nice and tourists get all kinds of facilities at this place.
Things to do in Crete:
When you are visiting a specific destination, it is always wise to enjoy it to its fullest glory. Just like that when you are in Crete there are some things that no one should miss. We have included some of them below to let the potential tourists have an idea about the place. So, let us start:
- When you are in Crete you cannot keep away from its beautiful beaches with white sand dunes. There are many that you may choose from. Among them, the Chania beach, the SeitanLimania Beach, and the AgiosPavlos are the most notable ones. In them, you will find a nice natural place to leisurely sunbath. The unique things about these beaches are that they are completely natural and you get to see them in the best way possible. You can also visit the Elafonisi beach to see its spectacular pink tinted sands.
- As we said you cannot stay away from history when you are in Crete. You may visit the old town of Rethymnon. You will get to see the medieval architecture of 11th century. The architecture has a unique Turkish influence on it which makes it even more beautiful. Along with that one can try the food from restaurants scattered over the place. It is easy to be on foot when you see the historical Old Town. Another historical place is the archaeological site of Knossos. There you can know much about the older civilization. The highlight of the place is the Palace of Knossos. People who like history will definitely cherish both these places.
- If you want to explore more of the nature and wildlife of Crete then you can ponder into the Samaria Gorge National Park. It is a beautiful place in itself because of the scenic beauty that you get to see over 10 miles. The entry fee is quite cheap and everyone is welcomed at the park. They can pursue the several trekking trails which make the park special and enjoy its steep beauty.
- As Crete is an island, you will definitely become intrigued by the sea creatures and animals that one may encounter. People who want to know about them may take a trip to the Cretaquarium situated in Heraklion. About 2000 types of sea creatures can be seen in the place among which 200 are unique to the Mediterranean Sea. It will be liked by everyone especially if you have a fellow child traveller.
- Mirabello Bay is the fifth largest bay in the Mediterranean Sea and the largest in the Greek islands. You shouldn’t miss the place because of its beauty and its location. It is very easy to reach the place when you are in Crete. The place is an important site as in historical times the inhabitants found Copper from the place. So, you get a bonus of history along with its special beauty.
- A hiker will often seek to see the highest points of the island. In Crete, they can fulfill their dreams by visiting the LefkaOri or the White Mountains. One may climb on the several trails found near the places and enjoy the amazing view of the place. The highest places of Crete also receive a good amount of snow in the winters.
So, here are some things that you can do when you are in Crete. The island is quite beautiful and as soon as you set your foot on the island you will feel refreshed. The moisture-laden air and the light weather will definitely feel you good on a scenic vacation at Crete.
Seemagurnani fromPandareviewz has submitted this blog.